26TH CONFERENCE, MADRID 3 – 4 MAY 2010
The 26th EUFASA Conference was held in Madrid the 3rd and 4th of May. Delegates from 20 EU countries, 3 Privileged Observers, 3 Family Officers, guests from the Embassies in Madrid and the Human Resources Program Coordinator of the UN attended the Conference. The Conference was inaugurated by Her Majesty the Queen of Spain, and the opening speech was given by the Undersecretary of the Spanish Foreign Ministry, Mrs. Maria Jesús Figa Palop.
Speech by the Under-Secretary at the Opening Ceremony of the 26th EUFASA Conference.
TOPIC 1. Coming Home
- Working group
chair: The Netherlands
- Subgroup Culture Shock
Chair Finland, participation of Greece
- Subgroup Childrens´problems
Chair: Austria, participation of Portugal Subgroup
- Finding a Job
Chair France, participation of Greece
- Subgroup Housing and Finances
Chair: Switzerland, participation of France
TOPIC 2. How to prepare spouses/partners for their lives abroad
Working group chair: Germany
TOPIC 3. How to improve the Associations’ Membership
Chair: Greece, Participants: Italy, Switzerland, EU, Portugal
- Presentation of the Manual to organize the Eufasa Conference
- Dual career and staff mobility Programme. Presentation
- Human Resources Programme Coordinator of the UN, Geneva
- Training courses for spouses/partners at Madrid Diplomatic School” ACD. Presentation
The following workshops were held:
- Workshop I : Family Officers, their job and their relationship with the Associations. Chair: The Netherlands
- Workshop II: How to cope with life abroad. Insights into a preparatory workshop for trailing spouses/partners Chair: Germany
- Updating the Website. Future of the internal and public Website, Coordination of the work with the Web Consultant. Chair Czech Republic
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS TO THE 26th EUFASA CONFERENCE
- Eufasa Associations: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- Privileged observers: Iceland, Norway, Switzerland Family Officers: Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium.
- Web Consultant.